Saturday, July 11, 2009

Silver linings

I try very hard to be a positive person. I look to find the silver lining in most things. As this knee surgery is generally a whole lotta crap, with not a whole lot of positive to it, I'm collecting a list of silver linings throughout the process. Here's what I have so far.

1. My tax return next year should be GREAT with all of the medical costs I can deduct.

2. Once I actually start drinking again, I'll be a cheap date, as I haven't had more than about 5 beers since May 16th, and none since my surgery.

3. Vicodin takes away my appetite. If I'm not losing weight, at least I'm not gaining.

4. Vicodin also makes cramps completely undetectable.

5. My cats are super happy, because I'm home so much.

6. My credit card company gave me a break because of my medical hardship. They're actually matching my next payment.

7. I've never been good at thank you notes, but had time to write 2 dozen to people that helped me out during my surgery and right after.

8. My mom made me frozen meals before she left, so I get to eat Mom's cooking whenever I want!

That's all I got for now, but I do have two small milestones to share. I am going to the gym today, for the first time since surgery! Not going to do much, but I"m really excited! Secondly, the CPM was picked up today! No more auto bending! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment