Saturday, June 20, 2009

4 days and counting

I'm getting antsy. I have a bunch of stuff left to do before surgery, but I'm ready to get thwat whole process underway.

I still really feel like this is all I talk about. Obviously it's all I talk about on here, that's the point, but it seems that's about all I have to discuss when out with friends. I ask them about what's going on in their lives, and enjoy hearing what they have to say. But on my end, this is really all I have.

At work, I've been frantically trying to wrap up all my last minute changes. Unfortunately, there are a lot of them, and being that they are by nature, last minute, I'm worried I'll get more on Monday. I'm already assuming I'll be at work late on Monday. Tuesday is my last day, and I don't want to have to stay late, because my parents are coming for the surgery and are arriving around 5 ish that day. As Tuesday may be our only night to easily go out and have dinner in a restaurant, I don't want to be at work until all hours of the night, while they watch TV in my apt.

Today is my troupe's annual picnic. I'm hoping it will be fun, but am worried that yet again, my knee will be the ONLY topic of conversation. I'm hoping I can talk about other stuff, and people will understand, but don't really think that's going to happen. There will be a lot of new faces there, who I haven't seen since this happened. If only I was friends with uncaring people, they wouldn't give a crap about my knee, and I could stop talking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment