Sunday, June 7, 2009

Talkin 'bout it, talkin 'bout it, talkin 'bout it

It's interesting to me just how much of my current life seems to revolve around my injury. It seems to me that every conversation that I have ends up coming back to my knee in some way. Currently, my roommate and I are in the process of interviewing new roommates to fill our 3rd bedroom. Unfortunately, the timing of this empty room is less than optimal. My surgery is on the 24th of June, and the room is avaliable on July 1st. As I will be on crutches for at least two weeks, the old roommat eis moving out and the new roommate is moving in while i'm completely and totally infirm.

Honestly, it shouldn't be a huge problem. I'm most likely going to be spending a lot of time in my room, sleeping, and putting my feet up. However, I need to let potential roommates know, because it affects the decision making process a bit. We're choosing very soon, as I need to get all the details taken care of long before my surgery.

It's a little odd to tell people I've never met before about my surgery, and weirder yet to have them wish me luck on the operation/recovery. It seems to me that I can't seem to talk about anything except my knee. How's work. Tough, my knee makes it harder to concentrate, navigate the office, and sit all day. Additionally, PT and doctor's visits mean I'm late to work a lot. How is the social life. Tough, I can't really go out all that much. I can't get around all that well, I can't sit on stools, I can't get too drunk. Everything seems to be touched. I just want to figure out a way to have a day, or even an hour, in which I can just forget about my knee, and not have any impact from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment