Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Discoloration

My bruises are coloring up more each day. My leg is positively yellow today. Friends keep telling me that it's leftover betadine, except it spreads, and changes color each day, and it won't come off with rubbing alcohol. I think not.

The first of my steri strips came off yesterday. The skin around my incisions is really itchy, but I don't want to get any lotion or anything too close.

I broke down at PT for the first time today. Not the first time I broke down, but the first time I broke down at a doctor's office. My PT was really nice about it, and totally validated my feelings, but I hate to cry in public. I always think I'm so much tougher than I really am. I'm kind of a mush when it really comes down to it. But, I pulled myself together, and finished my session. I'm exhausted now, it was a tough session.

Several people have told me that the way to get through this is to set small goals. I'm already worried that my first goal is not achievable. I was hoping to be off my crutches by the time I go back to work, and I'm not sure that's going to happen. I'm really working hard, but the knee still is really not weight bearing, and I am just not sure how much further it will progress in 6 days. I'm not ready to abandon it yet, but I am prepared for the concept that I might fail at that particular goal. Oh well, more reason to set another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment