Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Surgery a Success

I made it, I'm through the first step!

We got to the hospital at 6:45 this AM. Being that I slept so poorly, that was a pretty darn early morning. Once we got there, we waited almost 1/2 an hour in a small waiting room. Seriously, that was the extent of waiting. At 7:15, I was taken into the changing room to put my hospital gown on. From then on, I went straight into talk to the nurse, then into do blood pressure, etc, then to talk to the anesthesiologist, then to the OR nurse, then the doc, and then they took me straight into the operating room. Literally I was probably completely under by 8 AM.

The surgery was successful, I did well, and everything looks good. The anesthesiologist put me under general, plus I was given a nerve block for my left leg. I'm still a little bit under the block, so the full extent of pain hasn't quite kicked in. I'm starting my vicodin, and hopefully will be able to sleep tonight.

Because of the block, my leg is literally a wet noodle today. It will be a bit more sturdy tomorrow, which is good, because I'm clumsy as anything right now. I almost fell over when I was getting out of the cab on the way home. Like a tree in the forest, straight over! Fortunately, Dad was there to grab me, and help me out, cause I had no help for myself.

I feel like I'm doing pretty well, but again, tomorrow will be a little more of a true test. I also haven't had my brace off yet, that's tonight when I go bed. Tomorrow, we can unwrap my bandages, and see how totally disgusting my knee looks. I also am getting a humdinger of a bruise on my hand, from the IV. Fun times! Whatever, that will all heal.

Anyway, I'm soon off to bed, I'm worn out. It's hard work, laying around all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment